Day 225 (Wednesday 22/06) - To Brisbane ... The end is coming ... sniff

Wake up at 8:30am, quick brekkie.

Shuttle to bus staton.

While waiting the OzEx bus, I meet some people I already met on the way to here (the 2 US guys that were also on Fraser, the Scottish couple, etc.)
The bus driver is Sneaky once again.

The trip to Brissie should take around 1.5h.
There's not much to see on the way, we're on the Sunshine Motorway (along the Sunshine Coast of the Sunshine State ...).

Sneaky tells us to watch if we can spot whales in the sea, it's the migrating season (but we won't see any).

Once in Brissie, some of us are drop at the Bunk, the hostel where we'll stay.

As we're too early to get to our room, we have to wait for an hour.

While waiting I meet a French guy, Thomas. He's from Montpellier, cool guy. We talk for a while.
I can then check-in and get to my room.

It's a 20 beds dorm (wow ...), but it's not too bad as there are some separations in the room.
(with so many people it's not easy to get to know each other - and even more, I don't see many of the roommates)

I then go for a walk in the city.
I almost feel lke home, as I've been here six months ago, and know it quite well.



there's the winter festival ... (it's around 30° though ... crazy Ozzies)


I go to the centre, in the main commercial street, then to South Bank, and finally to the Library for some Internet (lot of things to do, as I've been disconnected for a while !).




It's impressive to see how the city has been cleaned and renovated after the floodings.

In the evening, I go to eat in a Vietnamese restaurant.



I then go to my room, a bit on my computer, and to bed quite early.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire