Day 215 (Sunday 12/06) - Whitsundays Trip Day 3

Wake up around 7am and breakfast.

Today, Madlen, Ruth and I are going diving in Maureen Cove.

Waz takes us in the small boat and brings us to another boat, that have all the gear needed for diving.
On board, there's George Michael (lol, well, his look alike), and a girl, Michelle, from England.
I will dive with Madlen as buddy, and Ruth will go with Michelle as she's not certified yet.




The dive is once again amazing.
Lots of fishes and lovely creatures.
The visibility is not as good as the other dives I did, but we can still see many things.

Once back at the surface, we get back on the Southern Cross, and move to Luncheon Bay (where we will actually have lunch).



There, those who wants can go snorkelling.

Only Conny and Kristof are motivated (Madlen, Ruth and I just went diving, so are not really motivated to get back in the water, without being able to really dive ; and Suzanne and Inger are lazy and freezing, so don't want to go in the water).
While the 2 are snorkelling, we go on the small boat to explore the surroundings.
We see many fishes from the boat, as well as a few turtles.
(we throw some bread in the water to make dozens of fishes come, it's quite impressive how fast they are)
(underwater photos taken by Kristof, looks a lot like what we saw when diving)


























We then have lunch, and then sail back to Airlie Beach, a few hours sailing from where we are (there's not much wind).




Once the sail is set, I drive the boat for almost the whole way (until we reach the marina).












Back in Airlie, we go to our hostels.
I go back to the Nomads, Conny is in the same room.

For dinner, we meet up with the others at the Beach Bar, next door, where we have a special meal deal.
We share the pictures we each took (well, I get all of them on my laptop, and will have to send them).

Everybody leaves quite early, I stay a bit later with Ruth.

We talk for a while about many things (we even talk about NOFX and Rancid, lol).

I then leave her and go to bed, as I'm tired and need to wake up early tomorrow.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire