Day 219 (Thursday 16/06) - Rainbow Beach

Wake up at 6:15am.

Pick up at 6:45am by the "Dolphin Ferry Cruise" shuttle to the marina, to get on board a small boat.



Around 7am, we leave to g oto Tin Can Bay, to see and feed dolphins !




It looked good, but in the end it isn't at all ... The only positive point is that we could go very close to dolphins, but appart from that ...

There were only 2 dolphins, and around 50 people ... A small beach where everybody queues to give a fish to one of the dolphins, and that's it ...
Very disappointing ... (and they're wild, but fed every day at the same place and time ... So not that wild anymore ...)






We then take the boat back to the marina, and are dropped back at our hostels.

I then go for a while on the beach, enjoying the warm sun, the thin sand, and the sound of the sea ...
(I'm almost alone on the beach, so good)



I then go back to the hostel, take a shower, spend a bit of time on my computer, and eat something.
(and I manage to break the "backspace" key of my laptop ... Pfff)

At 2pm, we have our briefing for our 3 days trip on Fraser Island.

Groups are created (assigned).
I end up in what seems to be a good one.
We're 8 : 2 French sisters (Fanny & Marion from Bretagne), Juliet from Amsterdam (who was also on the dolphin feeding trip), Tobias from Germany, and Andy, Bene and Nico, tree friends, also from Germany.

We are given some explanations and advices on how to act on the island (security, respect of nature, etc.).

After getting to know each other a bit, we all go on our side.

I go back to the beach, to lay in the sun ...

Later on, as I walk back to the supermarket (via the hostel), I see Amanda getting out of her bus - she went for a 1 day tour of Fraser.
She really liked it, would have like to do a longer trip, but can't afford it.

I then get back to the hostel and chill there for a bit.

At 6pm, we meet with the others at the hostel bar for some planning about the days to come.

Then we all have dinner there, as we have a special offer (due to the tour we're doing).

We spend the evening there, and go early to bed.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire