Day 212 (Thursday 9/06) - To Airlie Beach ...

Wake up at 8am.

A bit of Internet before checking out at 10am.

Bus to the ferry terminal at 10:40am, ferry to Townsville at 11:15am.

I can say that I had a really good time on "Maggie", it was a bit of paradise !
3 great days, full of nature and with nice encounters.

The ferry gets into Townsville at 11:40am, and I have to wait till 1pm to get the bus to Airlie Beach (OzExprience bus).
I stay at the ferry terminal, upadting a bit my blog (offline).

The bus arrives at 12:45pm, and there's only one person more than the driver, one person waiting with me to be picked up, and me.
(we'll be only 4 in the bus for the day, cool)

The driver is Tommy, a girl, pretty cool (a bit crazy and funny).

On the way there's not much to see.
We stop at Bowen, a small village where they grow all kind of fruits and vegetables.

It also has become "famous" since they shot the movie "Australia" (with Nicole Kidman) there.
(there's even a big "Bowenwood" sign on top of a hill ... lol)
I don't have any pics of there, as my camera was having problems ...
When switching it on, it didn't open, and displayed "lens error, please restart camera" ...
(now it's ok, but it still happens sometimes - very rarely though)

We arrive at Airlie Beach, our destination for the day, quite early.

I'm staying at the Nomads hostel.
After checking in, I go to the Explore Whitsundays shop to do the check-in for tomorrow morning.

I walk a bit in the village, it's quite beautiful (but very small).

I go out to eat at the "Beaches", a big bar/restaurant.

I stay there for a bit, then go for a short walk, before going early to bed.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire