Day 217 (Tuesday 14/06) - 1770 / Agnes Water

Wake up at 8:30am.
Free breakfast at the hostel bar/common area.




Pickup at 9:20am by Luke for some surf lessons (last surfing before leaving Oz ...).

Stop at 1770 Backpackers to pickup some more people : 3 Irish girls.
(we'll be 4 for the lessons, cool !)

We then drive to the beach (5-10minutes), and get to know each other a bit meanwhile.
We all have done some surfing before, so we can skip the basics, and start immediately in the water, by ourselves (after a few reminders and hints).

The beach is magnificent, the weather is perfect, the water temperature ideal, and the waves are big enough and regular (~1m).
It's amazing.




I try catching the waves by myself and getting on the board.
Not easy at all.
I have changed side since the other times I tried in Byron Bay (same as in snowboard, not as the other teacher had advised me), and feel more comfortable.
The waves are bigger and faster, and the board is much smaller.

So, all in all, it's much harder than in Byron, but I still manage to catch some good waves and stay on the board. It's so good.

After more than 3 hours, we get back to the beach, and then to the "city" centre, where I go for food shopping and to eat something.

Before dropping us, Luke gives us a voucher to have a special offer at the bakery : 5$ for a pie with a drink.

The girls go back to their hostel (mine is 3km away from the city), and I go to the IGA buy some fruits and water.

I then go to the bakery to get my pie, and meet some guys of the hostel there. We talk for a bit.
They then leave, and a few minutes later, the 3 Irish girls arrive to have their pie too.
They sit at my table.

We talk about our respective trips and adventures. They tell me about problems they may have with their plane going to Melbourne, due to the volcano eruption in Chilli.

I didn't think about it, but I may also have problems, and will maybe get stucked in Brisbane ... (especially that I'm going through Auckland ...)

After eating, we split, and I go back to my hostel.

While walking along the road, a car stops and the driver asks me where I'm going and he can drop me. I thank him, but tell him I'm fine and almost there (Ozzies are so kind ...).

Back at the hostel, after a good shower, I chill a bit in the common area, next to the pool.
Later on, I jump on the shuttle to the beach, where I stay until the sun sets (behind the trees, not on the ocean unfortunately).







I then walk back to the hostel, and chill there for the evening, updating the blog and doing some Internet stuff.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire