Day 223 (Monday 20/06) - Noosa

Wake up at 7am.
Free pancakes for brekkie, with Marion, Fanny and Tobias.

Bus pick up at 8am (didn't see it was waiting up the street (not an "official" OzEx bus), so was starting to think I had missed it ...
But, no worries.

In the bus, as usual there's almost nobody : we're only 4 : a girl, and the 2 American guys I met several times before (in different buses, and on Fraser).
The driver is Sneaky, the same as the other day.

Today there's not much to drive, we're going to Noosa, 2 hours away from Rainbow Beach

Not much to see along the way, the only city we pass through is Gympie.
(it's not a beautiful city, and it seems extremely polluted ... Not nice)




We arrive in Noosa around 10am.
The bus drops us at the Transit Centre, where straight away the hostels shuttles arrive.

I'm the only one to go to the Nomads, so alone in the shuttle.
I talk a bit with the driver (a Dutch guy), he gives me some info about the city.

Noosa is apparently the favourite city of many Ozzies, and is considered as the Monaco of Australia (quite expensive in the central area - but not everywhere).
(it's divided in 4 parts : Noosa Heads, Noosa Junction, Noosa Spit and Noosaville)
And I can understand why, the city is really beautiful and in a superb area (superb beaches, laguna, hills and forest).

As I get to the hostel, it's too early to check-in, I have to come back at 12pm.
I leave my luggages there, and go for a walk.



I first go to the main beach, then to the main street (Hasting St), where most of the restaurants, bars and shops are.






Back to the hostel I check-in, and get to my room.
The hostel seems really good, and the room is quite big.
There's nobody in it, but 2 beds are occupied of the 8 the room has.
There's an ensuite bathroom, it's always good (2 showers and a toilet).


I then go out to get something to eat.

As I walk along the road where the commercial centre is (close to my hostel, and cheaper than the centre), I bump on Delphine (French girl that was in my room the first night in Rainbow Beach). We talk for a bit.

I then go for the walk to the Laguna Lookout, I stay there to eat.





After that, I take one of the walking trails and go down the hill, to another beach, and go for the Coast walk (a 2-3 hours return walk along the beaches).
It's really beautiful, some views are superb.


















I then go back to the hostel, shave and take a shower, and make a few phone calls.
(didn't have any network for the last 5 days ...)



There's a Canadian girl from Toronto in the room (friendly and easy going), and an English couple (but we won't talk to each other, they act as if I wasn't there ... Wha'ever).

For dinner I go to the hostel's restaurant, for a cheap meal (a good lasagna).

While waiting for my plate, a girl asks if she can sit at my table, I of course accept (almost all the tables are free, but she chose to sit with me ... Nice).

She was actually on Fraser Island in the same tour as I was, in a different group.
It's Shaley (?) from Ireland, really cool girl.

A bit later, another girl comes to sit at the table, she's a roommate of Shaley, Linda from Germany.

We stay there for a while, talking.

We then leave to our rooms quite early, as we're all pretty tired from our previous days.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire