Day 198 (Thursday 26/05) - Cairns

Wake up at 9:30am.

After breakfast, I meet Giulia in front of the Peterpans shop.

After thinking about what we could do today, we decide to go and hire some bicycles for the day.

We ask the guy at the shop what are the good places to go (as well as where we could go if we were renting scooters).

The places he shows us (on photographs) don't look that special (or we've seen to many sites that look more or less the same).

So we decide to go for the bicycles, and ask him how to get to Palm Cove (Giulia heard about the beach there and and saw pictures, it seems nice).

To get there, it's really easy, it's straight ahead, one road to follow, on 28km ...
The weather is perfect, not too hot, and with a pleasant wind. The road to get there is completely flat, it's easy.

Once at Palm Cove, we just go for a short walk around the "village" (one small road with hotels, restaurants and shops). It's the typical holiday atmosphere.



We then go on the beach, and stay there for a while in the sun ...



The sun is burning, but with the wind, it's perfect (I will actually get a bit sun burnt on my arms and legs, but not too much :-) ).

We stay there for 3-4 hours, before heading back to Cairns (28km again ...).


Once the bicycles returned to the shop, we decide to go to eat something, and end up in an Italian restaurant.


I get a lasagna, Giulia gets the calledonis.
It's pretty good and well served.

After dinner, we split, as she has to take the bus to get back to her hostel, and that we both have to wake up early tomorrow.

I get back to the hostel, and talk with some of my roommates in the room.
Damien (the Swiss guy), is actually a Liverpool fan, and goes to Anfield at least once a year ! (nice guy ;-) )

There's also Emma from England, that is going to study and live in ... Liverpool ! (she doesn't loke cities in general, but apparently since she went to that one, she loves it)
And there's Cristina, from London.
I just got to see some of the other roommates, a couple from England and 2 other girls from ... England.
(that makes 6 Brits out of 8 in the room - 6.5 if you count my half ;-) )

I then go for a walk in the city, enjoying the atmosphere (but it's cold !).

Back to the hostel, I go to bed quite early, have to wake up quite early tomorrow, and need to be in good shape.

Indeed, as I'm in Cairns, there's something I have to do : tomorrow, I start my diving lessons !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire