Day 186 (Saturday 1405) - Adventure Tours Day 13

Wake up at 7am.
Leave at 8am.

Today we're going to Katherine Gorge, for a 3h hike.
(there was also the possibility to go for a cruise, but I've chosen the walk)

The walk is nice, with some beautiful views on the river.









At the end of the walk, we can go down to a "hidden" spot where there's a beautiful place to swim (a nice waterfall).
We stay there for a bit, swimming and sunbathing ...






The walk back to the bus is less beautiful, but still pleasant (and a bit weird : on one side of the path the vegetation is "bush like", on the other side is typically tropical ...).


We then meet up at the information centre, where we're having lunch (wraps we had prepared before leaving the camp this morning).

The next stop is at Adelaide River, a petrol station which is proud to be the home of Charlie, the buffalo starring in Crocodile Dundee !
(but he's dead now, and there's only it's stuffed carcass ...)



Finally, we get to Darwin.
The temperature is really hot, and the landscape is really tropical ... It's good ...

Most of us are staying at the Cavenagh Hostel, a typical Holiday Resort Hostel, with big swimming pool, open bar, and balconies ... I immediately like it !



"Unfortunately", we're all splitted in different rooms.
I end up in a 4 beds room, with one bed free, and the 2 others occupied by 2 charming English girls (from London and Newcastle).
For dinner, Luke has booked a table for the whole group (at the Cavenagh, so I don't need to move anywhere :-) ).

We're all together, and have a good meal (I go for the burger).

After dinner, we go inside in the bar, and with Byron I play a few games of pool.
We're not staying very late, as we're all tired, and I need to wake up early tomorrow.

When getting into my room, there's a party going on ... (after all we're saturday evening, and with Brits in the room it's not surprising)
There's the 2 girls, as well as 3 guys, drinking and listening to music.
They apoligies, and tell me they're almost on their way (and tell me that if I want to go with them to the club I'm more than welcome).

I decline the offer, as I really have to get up early tomorrow, and want to be in good condition.
They leave quite quickly and I can go to sleep.
(during the night it's really hot)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire