Day 191 (Thursday 19/05) - Darwin

Today I'm not planning to do much, I want to relax ...
Wake up at 9:30am.

After breakfast, I go for a jogging.
I follow more or less the path that I did yesterday with Jeong Ah, as I now know it, and it's perfect for running (waterfront, beach, parks).
(the sun is shining, it's really hot, but it's good)

When back at the hostel, I meet in the room the other roommate, Chris from Copenhagen.

I then go out to buy some credits for my phone, and to see the different shops.

Later, I stay a bit around the swimming pool, updating my notes, and talking to some French people (2 guys and a girl).

They leave, and a bit later Chris comes and we have a chat.

Afterwards, I head to Mindil Beach. Tonight there's the Sunset Market.
I get there by foot, it takes around 30min (under the burning sun ...)

When I get there, the first thing I see is a live "band" : a guy playing didjeridoos and another playing drums, making a kind of electro music with didjeridoo. It's quite good (some parts are much better than others).



I then meet up with Ramona, Julie and Linda (Ramona told me they were going there).

There are many stands selling crafts and souvenirs, and many food stands, with loads of good things.


After a first tour, we buy something to eat and head to the beach just next to the market (Mindil Beach).

We sit on the beach and eat while watching the sunset. It's really nice.








We then go back to the markets and walk around.


We leave quite early, as they're not that big.

We decide to take the bus to get back to the centre.

As we get in the bus and are going to buy our tickets, the driver says that we don't need to buy a ticket if we had one before during the day (which Ramona, Julie & Linda have). When I tell him I don't have any, he tells me it's ok, I don't have to pay neither - so kind !

Once in the centre, we go to our hostel, The Cavenagh, where Ramona and I are staying (the 2 others are now staying in a 4.5 stars hotel for their last days of holidays).

We stay at the bar for a beer (offered by Julie), before saying goodbye to each other (they all have a flight tomorrow, and still need to pack their things).

I then go to my room, and spend some time on my computer.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire