Day 165 (Saturday 23/04) - Melbourne to Adelaide

Wake up at 6:30am.
Of course, it's too early for the free pancakes ... :-(

After a quick shower and check-out, I take the tram to Southern Cross Station to take the train.

The train I take is the Overland, which goes from Melbourne to Adelaide, one of the few big lines in Australia.
(with the "Indian Pacific" : Perth to Sydney, and the "Ghan" : Adelaide to Darwin)


The train is really comfortable, with loads of room for the legs. I don't have anybody next to me, it's quite cosy.

The train leaves at around 8:30am. It takes 10 hours to get to Adelaide.

The views aren't very interesting, it's flat almost all the time, there's not much to see.


the first metal bridge in Australia





We arrive at Adelaide main station at 6pm (there's a 30 minutes time shift with Melbourne ... Weird ...)


I walk from the station to the city centre, to the YHA hostel where I have booked a bed.

When going to my room, after a few minutes, someone gets in ... It's Thomas ... The French guy I had met in Coff's Harbour, who was then in my room in Byron Bay, and that I met again in Brisbane ... Now, after like 3 months, we're in the same room again !

We talk (in French ...) about our adventures so far, what we did and see (he mainly stayed 2 months in Tasmania to work as an apple picker).

During the evening I don't do much, I go on a computer to use Internet (here the hack to use it for free still works ! Hehehe).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire