Day 164 (Friday 22/04)

Difficult to wake up, but force myself to wake up early enough to get the pancakes !

Today it's Amber who's making them (she's now working a bit for the hostel, for free accomodation).

I then check-out from my room (I'm staying one more night here, but couldn't stay in the same room ...).

I leave my luggages in the luggage room, and go for my usual jogging.

When coming back, after my shower, in the common area, I read my books around Australia, to plan the rest of the trip.

After a while, the people in the room change the television channel, and switch to the replay of the Arsenal-Liverpool game, which I had missed a few days earlier ... (I knew the score, 1-1, but didn't know it was that tight ! What a game ...).

After the game, it's time to check-in, and so I go to my new room, which is a 10 beds dorm ... (but it's actually divided in 2 rooms, so it's like if I was in a 6 beds dorm)

I then go to the post office with my box I want to send to Belgium.

Unfortunately, forgot it was "good friday", before the Easter weekend ... So it's closed.
As all the post offices in Australia ...
Have to go back to the hostel with my box, that I will have to carry until wednesday, when the post offices will operate again ...
(Easter and Anzac Day are on the same weekend this year, which makes a 5 days weekend for everybody ...)

I then go to the Southern Cross Station in the centre (by foot as usual), to get my ticket for tomorow's train.
When coming back, I pass by Federation Square, where there's a big comedy show, and a good atmosphere.




I then try to find a supermarket, but again, they're all closed ...
So I'm forced to eat something out.

I go to Acland Street to find a restaurant, and go for an Italian again (another one though).
I decide to treat myself, and to go for a Pizza Bianca with Tasmanian Salmon and fresh rocket salad, with a Stella Artois beer (here it's almost a luxury ...).
Delicious. After all, it's my last night in Melbourne ...


When going back to the hostel, I see Angela getting out of a tour shuttle : she's just coming back from her 1 day tour to the Great Ocean Road.

We talk a bit while walking back to the hostel. She's really tired, and will not do anything tonight (me neither, have to wake up really early tomorow, and also feel tired).

I go in my room and meet Toni, a German roommate. We talk a lot about Tasmania, New Zealand (where he wants to go), and Australia.
I go to bed early.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire