Day 158 (Saturday 16/04)

We wake up late, as we had to catch up from the previous days.

Today we have the opportunity to go to the Melbourne DFOs (factory outlets), as Hellen has a car and is willing to go there.

These outlets are apparently the best of Australia, and we quickly realise why : the prices are crazy !
All the shops have prices so much lower than elsewhere, it's unbelievable ... Most of the big brands have their shop (Adidas, Rip Curl, Quicksilver, etc.).
I of course buy stuff and spend quite a lot of money (can consider it as if I had been doing the sales).

We spend most of the afternoon there as it's so big, and we want to see as much as possible.

We then go back to the city, to the Ritz hostel, to pick up our luggages and head to the Base hostel (where we booked in the morning).
Charlotte, Charlie and I check in (Hellen and Andy have booked in another hostel).

We decide to go for a quick walk on the beach before taking our shower, and as the sun is setting, we decide to go to see the penguins at the jetty (the others haven't seen them, and are willing to).





After that we head back to the hostel, to shave, shower, etc, then go downstairs in the Base bar, where we meet the others.
Clare (Hellen's friend from NZ) is also there, she's also staying at the Base.
We go for a drink (we have special prices as we stay at the hostel), and then go out in Acland street to find a restaurant.
Acland street is the main street of St Kilda, where there are loads of restaurants, bars, and bakeries. It's one of the most lively streets of Melbourne.

We find a nice Italian restaurant where we decide to go. We eat pretty well, the food is really good and affordable.

After eating, we go back to the Base bar, to have another drink before heading to the city centre, where there's a special party.

The party is at the Mashouse, a big club on three stories, in which we have free entry if we go before midnight (got the tickets from the Ritz).
The star tonight is Dom & Roland, the famous Drum'n'Bass DJ !

After a while, I need to go to an ATM, and get out of the club.
I get a stamp on my wrist, and a "pass out" ticket (?).
When coming back, I try to get in, but the bouncers tell me I have to go in the queue and wait for my turn ... WTF?
In the queue, I start talking to a guy, who had the same thing happening to him.
Two girls standing behind us start talking with us. They're from Holland, Jenifer and Cindy.
They've recognised me from yesterday, they're staying at the Ritz hostel !
(they tell me that they were supposed to be in the same room than us, but that the room was full when they got in (problem with the management).
I was in my shower when they got in the room, but Amber had told me about that)
So funny, how once again the world is so small ...

Once in the club, I get back to the others.
They're not really into Drum'n'Bass, so they go on the third level (classic mainstream musics ... I'm really bored of that).
I'm happy to have some D'nB, so I stay on the first level.
(the second level is mainly house/techno, and there are only asian people on the dance floor !)
During the night we meet several times, but finally I lost them and end up alone ...

While going around in the club, I meet the two Dutch girls again, and we spend the rest of the night together.

When the club closes, we go for a quick KFC, then take a taxi back to St Kilda.

They stay at the Ritz, I take their numbers and head to the Base to go to sleep.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire