Day 161 (Tuesday 19/04)

Wake up around 9-9:30am, so I can go for the free pancakes with maple sirup as breakfast (from 9am to 10am every day - nice).
(missed it yesterday)

I say goodbye to Cindy & Jenifer, who leave Melbourne today for Sydney (they have a bus tonight, so we should still see each other during the day).

I go for a jogging around the lake.

After coming back and having taken a shower, I walk to city centre (~1.5 hour).


Once in the centre I go to the Victoria Markets, to see what it's like (they're quite famous here).
The markets are really nice, they're huge, and there's so many good things (fresh and cheap fruits and vegetables, meat, fish, etc.).
I buy some food for the next days.



When going back, I stop in a video games shop, to see the new Nintrendo 3DS (it has been released since a few weeks, but I haven't seen it yet).
The seller holds one in her hands, and was going to put it back in the box. She asks me if I want to try it - what I do.
The game inside is Street Fighter, and it's really impressive (the 3D effect is really good, and without glasses !).
Good little machine.

I then leave to go back to St Kilda (1.5 hour walk again).




I leave my food in the fridge and then go out again to go to the Post Office to get a box (I need to send a parcel to Belgium, have too many things to carry, it's getting difficult to travel).

When going back to the hostel, while passing in front of an Italian restaurant, I see Cindy & Jenifer sitting at a table. I go to see them to talk a bit and say bye again.

I then go to the hostel, it's time to eat.

After finished eating, I stay for a while on the terrasse, looking at brochures and books.

Two guys sitting on the nearby table ask me if I want a glass of Rum & Coke, and if they can join me at my table ...
They're Indians from London, Gary & Raj.
They're really funny and kind, two really nice guys !

They're travelling since 2 months, and have done South East Asia, are now in Australia for 2 weeks, going to NZ for 2 weeks afterwards, then to Vancouver, then to San Francisco and Las Vegas ... (wow - huge trip, but a bit in a rush)

A bit later, Angela comes and join us.
I introduce them to each other, and we talk for a while.
Gary & Raj have to go to the Cushion bar/club to meet some girls they know (2 Londonians they know from Gary's girlfriend).
They ask us if we want to go with them, we accept.

When we get there, there's almost nodoby. But it's not too bad, we can talk easily to each other without shouting.

It will get more and more busy during the evening.
In the end, it's really crouded, and there's a really good atmosphere.
The music is quite good (different then in general, and with a real DJ !).

On the dance floor I make a unexpected encounter : Lucas, the Brazilian guy that was in my room in Auckland !
Once again, the world is so small ...

We stay there for a while, before going back to the hostel to sleep.

It's been a really good night.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire